Privacy, GDPR, Terms & Cookies
Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which govern sei-mani.com’s relationship with you in relation to this website.
- • The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- • Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- • Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- • This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- • All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- • Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- • From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
General Data Protection Regulation
This document outlines how Sei Mani Limited (“Sei Mani”) complies with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Sei Mani’s data protection project (the “Project”) is designed to safeguard Personal Data according to the GDPR requirements. In particular, this document describes the elements pursuant to which Sei Mani intends to ensure the security and confidentiality of Personal Data, (ii) protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security of Personal Data, and (iii) protect against the unauthorised access or use of Personal Data in ways that could result in substantial harm to Sei Mani’s customers and their respective clients.
Scope of the Project
This applies to personal data (as defined by the GDPR) that is accessed or received by Sei Mani acting as a data processor on behalf of its customers (data controllers) in connection with providing the contracted services (“Personal Data”).
Official GDPR Compliance Statement
Sei Mani currently processes Personal Data lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Directive. We are also ISO 27001:2013 and 9001:2015 certified. With respect to the GDPR, which will apply from 25 May 2018, we are now compliant.
Appointment of a Data Protection Officer
Sei Mani’s Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the Project. The DPO may designate other representatives of Sei Mani to oversee and coordinate elements of the Project.
Privacy Impact Assessment
Sei Mani identifies and assesses external and internal risks to the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the Personal Data that could result in the unauthorised disclosure, misuse, alteration, destruction or other compromise of such information. The DPO will, on a regular basis, implement safeguards to control the risks identified through such assessments and to regularly test or otherwise monitor the effectiveness of such safeguards.
Overseeing Sub-Processors of Personal Data
The DPO coordinates with those responsible for the sub-processors related activities to raise awareness of, and to institute methods for selecting sub-processors that are capable of maintaining appropriate safeguards for Personal Data. In addition, the DPO works with Sei Mani’s legal team to develop and incorporate standard contractual protections applicable to sub-processors, which will require such providers to implement and maintain appropriate data protection safeguards. The DPO can provide evidence on these agreements upon request.
Data Hosting Services
Generally, Sei Mani utilises data hosting services provided by Amazon Web Services, Inc. (“AWS”), and access is controlled by AWS according to its data protection policies and procedures. You can read further details on AWS’ GDPR compliance at https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/eu-data-protection/.
Protecting Access to Data
Sei Mani has in place a management system that allows controlled access to its computing resources and data owned or controlled by Sei Mani. Sei Mani enforces information security controls, data classification policies and authorisation mechanisms that specifies the level of access for a user, a process, or a system. Sei Mani has also established the requirements for ensuring authorised use of its computing resources via proper user identification and password authentication.
Sei Mani retains and destroys as necessary the records received or created in the transaction of its business in accordance with regulatory requirements and contractual agreements. Sei Mani actively applies a data retention policy to all systems.
Sei Mani’s encrypts all personal data at rest and in-transit when it acts as the data processor or controller.
Data Breach Notification
Sei Mani has developed and implemented a data breach response plan designed to provide guidance to employees and contractors on how to report suspected data breaches. Upon becoming aware of an issue involving Personal Data, employees and contractors must report the issue immediately to the DPO. These steps include performing a risk analysis of each suspected data breach to determine whether the event requires notification under the GDPR.
Training and Education
The Project policies and procedures are communicated to all employees and contractors either directly on hire or annually as part of formal Quality and Information Security Training. Significant changes to policy and legislation including GDPR are delivered via special training sessions to the entire organisation. A record of this is held centrally by the DPO. Further, employees and contractors are bound by confidentiality provisions written into all contracts both permanent and temporary.
If you have any additional questions or need assistance, please contact our DPO, max (dot) carton (at) sei-mani.com
- 1. Collection of Personal Information
The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, contact information, IP addresses, product and service selections and other things that identify you. We collect personal information from you at several different points, including but not limited to the following:
- • when we correspond with you as a customer or prospective customer;
- • when you visit our website;
- • when you contact us for help;
- • when you attend our customer conferences or webinars; and
- • when the site sends us error reports or application analytics data.
2. Use of your Personal Information
Our Company may use information that we collect about you to:
- • deliver the services that you have requested;
- • manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
- • communicate with you by e-mail, post, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties;
- • enforce our terms and conditions;
- • manage our business;
- • perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
3. Disclosure of your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Statement:
- • we may provide your information to our agents, vendors or service providers who perform functions on our behalf;
- • third party contractors may have access to our databases. These contractors will always sign a standard confidentiality agreement;
- • as required by the police, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a court order, or other legal process;
- • other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
4. Security of your Personal Information
Our Company uses industry-standard technologies when transferring and receiving data exchanged between our Company and other companies to help ensure its security. Also, if this website contains links to other sites, our Company is not responsible for the security practices or the content of such sites.
5. Our Retention of your Personal Information
We will retain any personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the business purpose it was collected for. We will also retain and use your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6. Access to and Updating of your Personal Information
Reasonable access to your personal information may be provided at no cost to you upon request made to Sei Mani at the contact information provided below.
For privacy matters, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: max (dot) carton (at) sei-mani.com
This website and its content is copyright of “sei-mani.com” – © “sei-mani.com” 2018. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- • you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- • you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
This website uses things called “Cookies” to ensure your experience of the site, and our ability to improve it is enhanced. Specifically, the following Cookies are in use:
– Google Analytics (3rd party). We use this to see how many visitors we are getting, and how they found us. You can find out more about Google Analytics’ Cookies here: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/#toc-analytics
– Social Media Sharing and Integration (3rd party). We use Facebook and Twitter functionality within this site so that you can share items of interest, or become a fan of our Social Media Profiles. You can find out more about Facebook’s Cookie use here: http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=115180708570932 , and Twitter’s here: https://twitter.com/privacy